November: A Cornucopia of Holiday Savings Tips
We are thankful to have you in our Harmony Bank family. As you prepare for the holidays, it's important that you carve out time to budget and save. Here are strategies to help you save up for the holidays.
- Set A Budget — and Stick to It! Create a detailed spending plan for gifts, decorations and festivities. Our business budgeting tool MyView can assist you in tracking expenses to ensure you stay on course.
- Discuss Financial Strategies. Our team is always here to discuss financial goals to help you achieve your savings goals for the future. Call or come by a banking center today!
- Boost Your Savings Rate. Dedicate a separate savings account for your holiday savings funds. These accounts offer competitive interest rates and provide you with a convenient way to set aside money throughout the year.
- Utilize Online and Mobile Banking. Take advantage of our digital and mobile banking services. Monitor your account balances, pay bills and transfer funds from the comfort of your home. It’s convenient, safe and free!
- Reduce Debt Strategically. Consolidate high-interest debts and consider debt repayment plans. Reducing your financial burden can provide relief and free up resources for holiday spending. Contact us today for more information about our Harmony Bank Credit Card.
- Plan Ahead! Don’t wait until the last minute to shop for the "perfect" gifts. Start early, take advantage of sales and consider homemade gifts to keep expenses in check.
Did you know that the FDIC (Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation) is here to safeguard your hard-earned money? As an independent agency of the U.S. government, the FDIC ensures that your deposits in an FDIC-insured bank or savings association are protected. This insurance is fully backed by the United States government, assuring you of the safety of your funds.
Rest assured, there's no need to buy deposit insurance; it's automatically provided for any account at an FDIC-insured bank. Deposits are insured up to at least $250,000 per depositor, per bank and per ownership category, covering both the principal amount and any accrued interest. As part of our commitment to your financial well-being, we recommend a quick review of your coverage as part of the FDIC's current #IsYourMoneyInsured campaign.
For those who require coverage beyond $250,000, Harmony Bank's Treasury Management Team is here to assist you with your accounts to ensure FDIC insurance through IntraFi. Call us at 214.219.0003 to schedule an appointment with Treasury Management Solutions. Your peace of mind is our top priority, so reach out to us today!
Don't Fall for Financial Fraud
As a beloved Harmony Bank client, you can access Positive Pay, a free and robust tool that enhances payment security. This& fraud prevention service from Harmony Bank safeguards against ACH and check fraud. Track your transactions, approve or reject them, and boost your security while reducing fraud risk and financial loss. Reach out to your local Harmony Bank for more details!
Employee Spotlight: Edwin Lovos
We are eternally grateful for the wonderful people at Harmony Bank. Better Happens Together® at Harmony, thanks to the great work they do every day. This month, we wish to spotlight strong>Edwin Lovos.
Edwin is a Universal Banker at Harmony Bank and has been part of our banking family for six years. In his free time, he enjoys watching football and baseball. He’s originally from Los Angeles but is a huge Packers fan. Thank you for all you do, Edwin!
What’s Going on Around DFW?
Each month, we highlight some fun events happening around different areas of the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex that are great options for families! Harmony Bank is hard at work monitoring your savings, but what’s happening around town?
- Nov. 9 – Jan. 5: Holidays at the Arboretum – Dallas Arboretum & Botanical Gardens
- Nov. 18: Purevn Charity Pickleball Tournament – Grand Prairie YMCA
- Nov. 18: Deep Ellum Music Festival – Deep Ellum
- Nov. 19 – Jan. 2: Dallas Zoo Lights – The Dallas Zoo
- Nov. 23: Kaufman Turkey Trot 5K and 1M Fun Run – Kaufman Square
- Nov. 24 – Dec. 23: The North Pole Express – Historic Downtown Grapevine
Our Holiday Hours
All Harmony Bank locations will close early on November 22nd and November 24th at 3:00 p.m. and will be closed for Thanksgiving on November 23rd. Our free digital banking service and our many ATM locations are available for your convenience.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving season!
Follow Us on LinkedIn
Follow Harmony Bank on LinkedIn for frequent updates, news, and banking tips and tricks. As always, you can reach out to your local Harmony Bank with any needs, questions or concerns. We are happy to help and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Have a great month!
— Your Harmony Bank Family
Harmony Bank is locally owned and operated, with 11 locations dedicated to providing a personal banking experience to address your specific needs. Discover the difference of working with a local banker.