August: Beware of Phishing Scams
Beware of Phishing Scams
Please be aware of phishing scams. Harmony Bank will never contact you asking for your username or password. Below are a few tips to follow for added protection:
- Do not click on unsolicited emails or text messages, and do not give out personal information over the phone.
- Hang up immediately; do not engage in conversation with the scammer.
- It is a good idea to protect your information with two-factor (or multi-factor) authentication on your smart devices or computers for added protection.
- Be wary of email attachments forwarded to you. Be careful with what you download, and never open an email attachment from someone you don't know.
- Criminals count on being able to manipulate you into believing these spoofed communications are real, which can lead you to disclose personal, financial or other sensitive information for their benefit.
If you think you have been contacted by a scammer, please contact Harmony Bank immediately at 214.219.0003. The Harmony Bank Visa debit card fraud department (CSI) phone number is 1.844.202.5333. Please contact them at any time or visit www.Harmony.Bank.